For the safety and protection of our staff and staff dogs, we cannot complete your consultation without a vaccination certificate from a veterinarian. Vaccinations that are administered by anyone other than a veterinarian will not be accepted. Please provide a scan or photograph by email to email@example.com before your consultation. Be sure that the full certificate is visible. Required vaccinations are as follows:
- For puppies under 6 months, a minimum of two DHPP shots are required. Rabies vaccines are not required.
- For puppies and dogs over 6 months, DHPP and Rabies vaccinations must be current.
Please do not feed your dog for at least 4 hours prior to the consultation. If necessary to settle their stomach, feed them a small portion of their meal before class. We strongly recommend providing them with a delicious stuffed toy to occupy them while we talk during the consultation (such as a KONG stuffed with wet food/peanut butter, a bully stick, etc.).
Please prepare a generous amount of small pieces of food for your dog prior to the consultation (small pieces of hot dog, chicken, cheese, or other soft food work best). These will be used during the training portion of the consultation. You may also wish to gather their favourite toys.
We do recommend that all adults in the household are present for the first consultation. Children are welcome in the first session, but you may find it easier to learn from your trainer if you don’t need to divide your attention between them and your pet. Many parents find it easiest to bring the children to the second consultation, or to bring them into the room partway through the first consultation. The choice is yours! If you are booking a consultation for a fear or aggression issue, you will need to have a second adult present to supervise younger children so that you can focus on your pet.
If your dog has bitten a person with puncture, they must be wearing a basket muzzle for the consultation. If they have displayed aggression toward people but have not bitten, we strongly advise the use of a muzzle for the consultation. Your trainer may request a muzzle be used at their discretion. If your dog is not wearing a muzzle when the trainer arrives, they reserve the right to cancel the consultation without notice.
Please allow us one week’s notice if you need to reschedule your consultation. Cancellations made within one week of your scheduled consultation cannot be rebooked or refunded. Cancellations made with one week’s notice will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
All sales of training packages are final. Please note that the full package must be used within 6 months of the date of purchase.
Your trainer will do their best to be at your home at the scheduled time. However, traffic conditions, extreme weather, or unclear directions may result in your trainer being late.
As we are unable to call you while driving, please feel free to call us at 780-660-6570 so we can get in touch with the trainer.
In case of unforeseen emergencies on our end, we will do our best to replace your trainer. If we’re unable to do so, we will contact you as early as possible by both phone and email to let you know of the cancellation.
- I understand and agree that Good Boy Dog Training (GBDT) and its employees shall not be held liable for claims or costs for injury to any animal or person or damage to any property as a result of the behaviour or handling of my pet. I and any person(s) attending private training sessions with me will follow all policies set forth in this and any other document presented regarding training by Good Boy Dog Training in order to ensure the health and safety of my pet, my family and myself.
- I understand and acknowledge that dogs can be unpredictable and there is an inherent risk of injury when interacting with them, regardless of the size or breed of the dog. I confirm that my dog has no history of biting with puncture, or if they do they are wearing a basket muzzle during training sessions. I understand that if I have misrepresented my dog’s bite history, I will be excused from training sessions without refund, make-up, or transfer.
- I confirm that all animals in the home have all current vaccinations as detailed in the Private Training Policies, and that those vaccinations have been completed by a veterinarian. I understand that if I have misrepresented my dog’s vaccination status, I will be excused from training sessions without refund, make-up, or transfer.
- I confirm that my dog does not have any infectious or transmittable illnesses or parasites. If it comes to my attention that my dog has contracted an infectious or transmittable illness or parasite, I understand that it is my responsibility to inform Good Boy Dog Training immediately so that training sessions can be rescheduled if needed.
- I understand that the trainer’s instructions are there to ensure the safety, wellbeing, and success of my pet, myself, and members of the public. I agree that I will follow all policies laid out in documents and instructions provided by Good Boy Dog Training, without substitution or modification, and I understand that disregarding instructions from the trainer may result in being excused from training sessions without refund, make-up, or transfer.
- I understand that any training offered by Good Boy Dog Training will not result in a completely trained pet. I understand that behaviour results in any animal cannot be guaranteed, and that some behaviours may require ongoing management by me for the life of my pet. I understand that continued training at home is critical to the success of my pet.
- I understand that registering for training subscribes me to Good Boy Dog Training’s mailing list, and I can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time if I wish to stop receiving offers.
*Please note that acknowledgement of this policy is for yourself only. If other person(s) attend training sessions with you, they will be required to sign a paper copy of this waiver at the consultation. Parents must sign on behalf of any children attending training sessions.